1. To serve as a Coordinating Centre to exchange academic works, research and development and related information at local, regional and international levels.
2. To develop and promote the science of Buddhist education to be more universally accessible.
3. To offer alternatives for educational system aiming to perfect development of human being and society together with creation of a civilized world in accordance with law of nature.
4. To involve Buddhism in solving regional and global issues.
5. To provide and facilitate Buddhist academic services to the World Fellowship of Buddhist, its members and organizations working for the same ends.
6. To provide a web-based Buddha-portals where all information and courses of Buddhist studies and Buddhism related courses available in universities around the world on portal based search engine of the WBU for instant, efficient and easy access to public.